Department: Fire Services Department
Publish Date: 2021-03-26 00:00:00
Job Title: Contract Building Services Inspection Officer (Full-time)
Salary (Monthly): $48860
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
The candidate should -
(1) have a Diploma or Higher Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering from a Hong Kong Polytechnic / University or Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education / Technical Institute / Technical College, or equivalent;
(2) have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant post-qualification experience inclusive of at least 4 years’ working experience in building services installations;
(3) have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent (See Note 1); and
(4) possess general office computer skills.
(1) To carry out acceptance inspections and compliance tests of Fire Service Installations (FSIs) and smoke control systems for infrastructure and / or railway projects in accordance with the relevant fire safety requirements;
(2) To ensure the compliance of FSIs and smoke control systems with the agreements reached with Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) consultants and Fire Service Installations Contractors (FSIC) at meetings;
(3) To check the submitted technical documents in relation to the acceptance inspections and compliance tests of FSIs and smoke control systems;
(4) To liaise with different parties, including government departments, railway company etc. and attend meetings with Authorised Persons, E&M consultants and FSIC etc. and respond to their enquiries on matters relating to acceptance inspections and compliance tests of FSIs and smoke control systems;
(5) To supervise the work of subordinates; and
(6) To carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from the date of appointment up to 31 March 2022 subject to review for further renewal. Selected candidates will be required to work for 44 hours including meal breaks every workweek from Mondays to Fridays, subject to the arrangement of the supervisors.
(a) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(b) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
© The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(d) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
(h) Towards the application deadline, the on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Applicants should list in detail the relevant academic attainments and working experiences in the application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)]. Completed application form together with copies of documentary proof of possession of the required academic qualifications (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc.) and relevant working experiences should be sent to the enquiry address indicated below on or before the closing date for application. Please mark on envelope the title of the job applied for. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. On-line application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants using on-line applications should separately send their copies of official transcripts, certificates and documentary proof of working experience within one week from the closing date of the application to the enquiry address below. Applications not made in the prescribed form or which are incomplete or late will not be considered.
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about four to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Invitation will be issued via email. Please ensure email address is properly provided. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments Section, Fire Services Department, 8/F., Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
Enquiry Telephone: 2733 5850
Application Start Date: 2021-03-26 00:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-04-08 23:59:00