Department: Invest Hong Kong
Publish Date: 2021-02-26 15:00:00
Job Title: Deputy Global Head, Family Office (Ref: DGH/02/2021)
Salary (Monthly): $85870
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
(a) Minimum ten years of relevant full-time work experience in supporting UHNWIs and/or family offices gained in financial services (preferably private banking and/or family offices) or financial and/or professional services industries;
(b) A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, a higher degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law, Accounting or Marketing would be an advantage; and
© Fluency in English is a must, and fluency in Putonghua/ Cantonese is desirable. Fluent in one or more of the languages of the key target markets (i.e. ASEAN, Middle East, Europe) would be an advantage.
InvestHK is looking for a number of passionate professional to join its Global Family Office Team
The Global Family Office Team is a strategic initiative carried out by InvestHK in conjunction with other government bureau and departments, regulators and financial services industry stakeholders. The Global Family Office team will develop and implement strategies to position Hong Kong as a leading family office hub in Asia and generate leads from Overseas and Mainland clients supporting them to set up and grow in Hong Kong. One of the key missions for the Global Family Office team is to collaborate with various industry partners and government bureaux to create and enhance the ecosystem that will support global family offices.
The Global Family Office Team will consist of family office specialists located in Hong Kong, mainland and Europe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and high calibre professionals with proven experience in private banking/family office/relevant professional services to join us in Hong Kong. You will work closely with the InvestHK global network and the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Offices in major cities around the world.
This role require a balance of business development, events management, partnership development and clients’ servicing and retention expertise. You will collaborate with other sector teams at InvestHK Headquarters as well as external stakeholders to create synergies. You will generate leads and drive client-centric initiatives around customer acquisition, retention and client experience.
You will need to demonstrate:
• proven experience in supporting UHNWIs and/or family offices gained in financial services (preferably private banking and/or family offices) or financial and/or professional services industries;
• strong track record of generating leads and successfully managing relationships with UHNWIs or family offices;
• ability to work in cross-cultural environment and experience in managing needs and dealing with demanding requests from UHNWIs and/or family offices
• excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills to represent InvestHK to speak at different family office related events, seminars or interviews;
• strong project management skills and adaptability to manage multiple touchpoints and respond quickly to changes in priorities;
• experience in managing client relationships
• demonstrate experience in developing digital marketing outreach
• previous experiences in in collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders including government bodies on events management, clients support and outreach programme;
• ability to work independently under pressure to meet performance targets and as a team player; and
• willingness to conduct international and Mainland travel.
(1) To develop and drive marketing plans to promote the intrinsic advantages and the unique position of Hong Kong as a family office hub in Asia;
(2) To develop and drive engagement plans with industry and local stakeholders to build an effective network and to develop a pipeline of family office targets;
(3) To engage targeted family offices and achieve high level of family office clients’ satisfaction through excellent service support, timely follow up on enquiries and proactive problem solving to facilitate them to set up and grow in Hong Kong;
(4) To proactively co-ordinate with sector teams at InvestHK, industry partners and government bodies to formulate effective outreach programmes and establish and execute a roadmap to develop a conducive family office ecosystem in Hong Kong;
(5) To conduct one-on-one survey/interviews with local family offices and carry out in-depth analysis on family offices trends in specified targeted geographical regions; and
(6) To back up to act the role of Global Head of Family Office when necessary
Terms of Appointment:
Successful applicant will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for normally 24 months. Renewal of contract will be subject to the service need of the department and the performance and conduct of the applicant.
(a) Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
© Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Applicants appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Applicants appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of applicants meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified applicants for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled applicant meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by e-mail.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit the following items on or before the closing date of application:
(i) an application letter setting out in detail why the applicant considers
himself/herself suitable for the position to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
(ii) a full curriculum vitae (CV) to the email address: email@example.com; and
(iii) an application form by using the on-line Application Form [Online GF 340] at the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk) for online application.
Applications without any of the above or late submission will not be processed.
As notifications will be sent to applicants by email, applicants should provide an accurate email address in their application. Applicants are responsible for checking their emails to ensure that notification(s) could be duly received.
If no acknowledgement/ confirmation email is received after seven working days from the closing date of application, please contact this department by phone at 3107 1081 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for selection interviews within six weeks from the closing date of application. Those who are not invited for selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Invest Hong Kong, 24/F, Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, Hong Kong
Email Address : email@example.com
Enquiry Telephone: 3107 1010 / 3107 1081
Application Start Date: 2021-02-26 15:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-03-05 17:00:00