Publish Date: 2021-02-26 00:00:00
Job Title: Contract Head Chef in the Chief Justice’s Residence
Salary (Monthly): $31750
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
Candidates should –
(a) have at least seven years’ experience in cooking in a large household, club, hotel or high-end restaurant;
(b) have competent culinary skills in Western and Chinese cuisine and good food presentation skills;
© be able to supervise other kitchen staff;
(d) be able to communicate effectively in Chinese and simple English; and
(e) ability of basic computer word processing is preferred.
(Remark 1: All work experience required should be obtained on or before the closing date for application. Candidates who are invited for selection interview will be required to produce the original copies of work proof showing that they have met the entry requirements stated in (a) above. If candidates fail to produce the required original copies of work proof for verification, their applications will not be considered.)
(Remark 2: Candidates who are invited for the selection interview will normally receive the invitation within ten weeks from the closing date for application. This period may be longer in exceptional circumstances, e.g. when a large number of applications are received or when there are other complications. In the light of the latest public health situation, the Judiciary may defer the selection interview if the situation warrants. If the selection interview is deferred, candidates will be notified separately. As invitations/notifications will be issued by email or by post, candidates should provide accurate email address and correspondence address and ensure that their email accounts can receive incoming emails properly. Those who are not invited for the selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.)
The Contract Head Chef in the Chief Justice’s Residence is mainly deployed on -
(a) preparing food and providing cooking service to the Chief Justice, his family and guests;
(b) providing meals for both official and social functions in the Chief Justice’s Residence (the Residence) and any other places as required;
© managing other kitchen staff in the Residence;
(d) designing menus and assisting in purchasing food and ingredients; and
(e) undertaking daily kitchen operation, including food handling, kitchen cleaning and maintaining cooking utensils, etc.
(Note: The Contract Head Chef in the Chief Justice’s Residence is required to wear uniform and to work irregular hours and overtime including evenings, weekends and public holidays. He / She may also be required to stay overnight in the Residence located at the Peak, if necessary. The Residence is accessible by public transport.)
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 24 months on a full-time basis.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Judiciary may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(6) It is the Government policy to place people with disabilities in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the specified entry requirements, he / she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting. Candidates who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other candidates whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(7) Towards the application deadline, our online system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your online application, it is advisable to submit your application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Applicants must state in detail in the application form their work experience which they have attained by the closing date for application, including the exact start and end dates of their period(s) of employment. Completed application forms, together with ALL copies of proof of work experience specifying their period(s) of employment, should reach the contact address by post or by hand on or before 12 March 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time). Please note that declarations in any form are not accepted. Please specify “Application for the position of Contract Head Chef in the Chief Justice’s Residence” on the envelope.
Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s website stated above. Applicants who apply online should submit ALL copies of proof of work experience specifying their period(s) of employment by post or by hand to the contact address within one week after the closing date for application (i.e. on or before 19 March 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time)). The online application number should be quoted on the envelope and on every page of the copies of the supporting documents.
If the application form and / or copies of supporting documents are sent by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mail items. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to the Judiciary and will be returned to the sender (if a return address is provided) or disposed of in accordance with the established procedures of the Hongkong Post. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of the application form and / or copies of supporting documents. Applicants are advised to submit the application and / or supporting documents as early as possible. If the application form and / or copies of supporting documents are delivered by hand, an acknowledgement of receipt will immediately be issued by the Judiciary.
Applications which are late, incomplete, not duly signed, submitted by fax or email, or not made in the prescribed form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] will NOT be considered.
Support Staff Sub-section, Corporate Services Division, the Judiciary, 3/F, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong
Enquiry Telephone: 2867 2076 / 2867 2073
Application Start Date: 2021-02-26 00:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-03-12 17:00:00