Department: Census and Statistics Department
Publish Date: 2021-02-26 00:00:00
Job Title: Statistical Assistant
Salary (Monthly): $20035
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
Candidates should have -
(a) (i) an Ordinary Certificate in Statistics from the Hong Kong Statistical Society (HKSS), or equivalent, with two years’ practical experience in statistical work; or
(ii) a Higher Certificate in Statistics from HKSS, or equivalent; or
(iii) a Higher Certificate in Mathematical Studies from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, or equivalent; or
(iv) a Higher Diploma in Mathematics, Statistics and Computing from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, or equivalent; or
(v) a Higher Diploma in Statistics and Computing for Business from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, or equivalent; or
(vi) an Associate in Statistics and Computing for Business from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, or equivalent; or
(vii) a Higher Diploma in Applied Statistics and Computing from the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, or equivalent; or
(viii) a Higher Diploma in Business Analysis from the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, or equivalent; and
(Remarks: Candidates who have sub-degree and degree programmes with substantial statistical contents (e.g. programmes on actuarial science, data science, data analytics) from recognised post-secondary institutions in Hong Kong will also be considered.)
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent. [See Note (1)].
The Statistical Assistant is mainly deployed on –
(1) providing support in statistical surveys and/or daily business operations;
(2) coding, editing and inputting questionnaire data;
(3) performing statistical computations, analyses and assisting in dissemination of statistical data;
(4) compiling statistical tables/charts and reports;
(5) preparing simple computer programs and applying computer packages in statistical work;
(6) assisting in testing of computer systems of statistical work; and
(7) performing other duties in relation to statistical work.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for about 12 months. Further renewal of contract will be subject to the candidate’s performance and service needs.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(6) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application forms should reach the following contact address of the recruiting department on or before the closing date for applications. Applicants must attach copies of their diplomas/certificates, copies of official transcripts of studies and employment proof to their application forms, otherwise their applications will NOT be considered. Please specify “Application for the Post of Statistical Assistant” on the envelope. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. To avoid unsuccessful delivery of mail items, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been paid before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to this Department and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. An applicant will bear any consequences arising from not paying sufficient postage. If applications are late or incomplete, or not made in the prescribed form or not duly signed, or submitted by fax or e-mail, or without copies of the relevant supporting documents, or if the relevant supporting documents are received after the closing date for applications or are insufficient, such applications will NOT be considered. Candidates who are selected for selection interview will normally receive an invitation in about three to four weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Trade in Services Statistics Section, Census and Statistics Department, 12/F, Trade and Industry Tower, 3 Concorde Road, Kowloon
Enquiry Telephone: 3903 7422
Application Start Date: 2021-02-26 00:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-03-11 23:59:00