Department: Post Office
Publish Date: 2021-02-16 09:00:00
Job Title: Customer Service Officer (Mail Tracing Office)
Salary (Monthly): $17121
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
(1) (i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
(2) Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(3) Be familiar with computer operations and software like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.;
(4) Applicants attending the selection interviews are required to take typing test of English and Chinese using Cangjie (倉頡) / Simplified Cangjie (速成) Chinese input method;
(5) Be fluent in English and Cantonese. Proficiency in Putonghua will be an advantage;
(6) One year’s (or above) post-qualification working experience in customer service field an advantage;
(7) Be proactive, self-motivated, patient and a good team player; and
(8) Good interpersonal and problem solving skills and could perform well under highly-stressed environment.
(1) To handle phone calls, emails or written enquiries/complaints from customers;
(2) To liaise with overseas postal administrations and answer enquiries;
(3) To transfer enquiries/complaints to the relevant sections;
(4) To process and analyze data; and
(5) To undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Location of Work： Kennedy Town (The actual location of work assigned is subject to the operational need of Hongkong Post.)
Hours of Work： Five days (Monday to Saturday) 48 hours gross per week, selected candidates are required to work in shifts during the following period of time (including 1-hour meal break):
- Monday to Friday: from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday: from 8:30 am to 6:06 pm
May be required to work on Sunday and public holidays. (The actual hours of work assigned are subject to the operational need of Hongkong Post.)
Terms of Appointment:
(1) The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for twelve months.
(2) Subject to the employees’ satisfactory performance, the employees will be granted a contract-end gratuity upon completion of the contract. The gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contribution will be equal to 10% of total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(1) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(2) Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region unless specified otherwise.
(3) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(4) It is Government’s policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the fitness test and interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government’s policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
(5) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(6) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should post copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address before the closing date of application (date of postmark will be regarded as the date of submission). Please specify “Application for the Post of Customer Service Officer (Mail Tracing Office)” on the envelope and ensure that sufficient postage is paid.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for application a) in person to the drop box provided at 1/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong (opening hours: Monday to Friday – 7:30am to 6:30pm and Saturday – 7:30am to 1:30pm, except Sunday and public holiday); or b) by post. Please state on the envelope “Application for the Post of Customer Service Officer (Mail Tracing Office)”. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid. Applications which are incomplete, unclear, late, with insufficient postage, submitted by fax/e-mail, or not made in the prescribed form will not be processed. Candidates who are invited for the interview will normally receive an invitation within 4 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for the interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
The Appointments Registry, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Enquiry Telephone: 2921 2166
Application Start Date: 2021-02-16 09:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-02-22 18:00:00