Shanghai Commercial Bank’s Graduate Trainee Program is a structured 18-month program, aiming at equipping university graduates with industry/job knowledge as well as practical skills to pave the way for a successful career in the banking industry. In addition to comprehensive classroom trainings covering both technical and soft skill trainings, trainees will have job attachments at key business/functional areas in the stream which they chose to gain in-depth understanding of its operations. This will then be followed by cross-functional job rotations across related functional departments for broader understanding of different facets of business and operations.
To unleash trainees’ full potential, they will be given opportunities to participate in corporate local/cross-border events, departmental/cross-functional projects or community services, during which they can brush up their leading and project management skills while building their network within and/or outside the Bank. Mentors, who are our experienced executives, will support trainees along their learning journey by offering coaching and providing performance feedback as well as guidance for their personal and career growth on an on-going basis. To facilitate professional development, education subsidies will also be provided for assisting trainees in gaining professional qualifications.
We CARE the GROWTH of our talent. Come join the following business, control and support streams and craft your career with us:
• Branches (rotation across different functional areas including commercial lending, retail sales, securities trading and branch operations)
• Corporate Banking
• Retail Banking (Digital Banking / Traditional Products / Wealth Management)
Control / Support Stream
• Branch Operations Support
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Operations (Bills / Remittance / Settlement)
• Product Compliance & Control
• Risk Management (Credit Risk Management / Market Risk Management / Operational Risk Management / Risk Analytics)
We are looking for :
Final year students or recent graduates (with no more than 2 years of work experience) with degree in any disciplines and the following qualities:
• Self-motivated with leadership potential and strong drive to achieve/succeed
• Sharp business acumen
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and logical thinking
• Good numerical reasoning (in particular for Treasury Stream)
• Team player with good people and relationship management skills
• Strong risk control and compliance sense
• Passionate in developing career in banking industry
• Proficiency in English and Chinese and fluency in Mandarin
Come join us to be our future leaders!
Application deadline is 26 February 2021. Interested parties please click “Apply Now” to send your latest transcript and full resume with your career interest (indicating the 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of stream) and recent academic result (e.g. CGPA) to the Human Resources Division or by post to G.P.O. Box 139, Hong Kong.
Please visit us at www.shacombank.com.hk for more information about our Bank.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes strictly in accordance with the Bank’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request by contacting our Personal Data Compliance Officer at the above email address. Applicants who are not contacted within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.
Incorporated in November 1950, Shanghai Commercial Bank Ltd. is one of the most well known local Chinese banks in Hong Kong. At present, there are more than 40 local and overseas branches. The Bank has always been pursuing the motto of its founder, Mr. Kwang-pu Chen, to ‘Serve the Community’. The Bank’s slogan of ‘For Personalized Service’ and ‘All in a Family’ denotes the Bank’s devotion to providing personalized services to its clients and promoting a harmonious relationship among its staff members.