Department: Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Publish Date: 2021-02-04 17:00:00
Job Title: Senior Manager
Salary (Monthly): $74515
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
Candidates should have –
(a) a bachelor’s degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
(b) a minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification full-time working experience in administrative and management work or administration of financial assistance schemes, including five years at managerial level, with relevant experience in the Government/public sector organisations being an advantage;
© good command of both Chinese and English and have met the language proficiency requirements of “Level 2” results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent (see Notes 1 and 2);
(d) proficiency in Putonghua or other languages is an advantage (see Note 3)
(e) equipped with good computer knowledge; and
(f) good interpersonal and communication skills.
Supporting Document: Applicants must provide supporting documents proving that they have obtained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if applicants fail to provide such documents.
(a) To head a processing team and be responsible for overseeing the processing of applications and handling complaints and requests for reviews/appeals relating to financial assistance schemes;
(b) To assist in planning, monitoring and reviewing the implementation of financial assistance schemes;
© To oversee office administration and staff management matters of the processing team;
(d) To assist in retrieval and analysis of data relating to the financial assistance schemes;
(e) To conduct regular training to staff relating to the implementation of the financial assistance schemes and relevant matters; and
(f) To undertake any other duties as assigned by senior officers.
Note: Subject to operational requirement of the department, the appointed candidate may be required to perform shift duties, work irregular hours and overtime (including on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays). He / She will be deployed to work in offices within the same Department including the Working Family Allowance Office or Student Finance Office.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for one year.
Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government’s policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the Enquiry Address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application form and a resume setting out detailed working experience (including job titles and major duties) in all current and previous employment together with copies of academic/professional qualifications, relevant certificates, official transcripts of studies/result slips and employment proof (i.e. employment certificates, reference letters, etc.), should reach the Enquiry Address on or before the closing date. Please indicate the post applied for on the envelope. If the application is submitted by post, please affix sufficient postage. Insufficient postage will lead to non-delivery of the application documents to the Enquiry Address. Applications which are late or incomplete/without the relevant supporting documents or submitted by fax/email will not be considered. On-line application is not accepted. Candidates who are not invited for interview within ten weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. The Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency is not obliged to inform individual applicants of unsuccessful applications.
Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
19/F, 181 Hoi Bun Road,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Enquiry Telephone: 38971002
Application Start Date: 2021-02-04 16:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-02-17 18:00:00