Department: Home Affairs Department
Publish Date: 2021-02-04 13:00:00
Job Title: Executive Assistant (Election)
Salary (Monthly): $26000
Salary (Hourly): $N/A
Salary (Daily): $N/A
(1) A bachelor degree from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent;
(2) Met the language proficiency requirement of Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note];
(3) Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
(4) Good computer knowledge including MS Excel and Chinese and English word processing skills; and
(5) Good communication and interpersonal skills.
(1) To assist in the preparation for and conduct of public elections (such as handling of election-related complaints, election nominations and other election-related duties), voter registration and voter turnout campaigns;
(2) To provide general administrative support;
(3) To perform outdoor work as required; and
(4) To perform other duties as required.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from the date of appointment 31 October 2021/ 30 November 2021;(2) Further renewal to be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs;
(3) Candidates appointed may be required to work overtime and work on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below. Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application form together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the enquiry address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. For submission in person, the application should reach the enquiry address below by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Executive Assistant (Election)”. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(3) Applicants who are not invited for interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful
6/F, Lung Cheung Office Block, 138 Lung Cheung Road, Wong Tai Sin, KLN
Enquiry Telephone: 31431114
Application Start Date: 2021-02-04 13:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-02-11 18:00:00
Department: Home Affairs Department