Department: Census and Statistics Department
Publish Date: 2021-01-22 16:00:00
Job Title: Enumerator (Special Area)
Salary (Monthly): $N/A
Salary (Hourly): $81
Salary (Daily): $N/A
Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment. Applicants should possess a mature personality with the ability to work independently, and fulfill the following criteria:
(a) Have Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
(b) Meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
© Be able to read and write Chinese and English, and be fluent in Cantonese, Putonghua and English; and
(d) Possess basic computer operation knowledge.
(1) To perform fieldwork in designated special areas;
(2) To obtain census data through field visits or telephone interviews; and
(3) To follow up on self-enumerated cases through telephone or field visits.
For details, please visit 2021 Population Census - Recruitment
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from 17 July 2021 to 4 August 2021 (19 days, incl. 2 rest days)
(2) The appointee will be required to work 9 hours per day, usually 13:00 to 22:00, and will be required to work irregular hours.
- The normal working hours may be varied to meet operational requirements.
(1) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(2) Terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete online exercise(s).
(5) It is a Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to complete online exercise(s) without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
How to apply:
2021 Population Census Office
39/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Enquiry Telephone: 3428 2516
Application Start Date: 2021-01-11 17:00:00
Application End Date: 2021-02-08 12:00:00