The Hong Kong Jockey Club’s Information Technology and Sustainability (IT&S) Division drives the implementation of innovative technology solutions that contribute significantly to the Club’s mission and strategic objectives.
Working on a large scale systems development project, you will work in the teams under Racing Wagering & Lottery Solutions / Digital & Channels Solutions. They are responsible for the overall management and delivery of technologies and solutions such as racing wagering and lottery transaction, wagering distribution channels and associated information system lifecycle.
The 1-year placement is open for University students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of Digital/Information Technology.
You will have the opportunity to acquire and utilize new skills, explore cutting edge technologies, embrace digitalization and perform meaningful work that will impact the lives of people.
You will assist the team on:
- Application development and test automation/support;
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD);
- DevOps adoption and integration support;
- System installation;
- Small development project etc.
Skills and qualifications we are looking for:
- University student in Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electronic or other related discipline;
- Desire to pursue a career in the field of IT;
- Knowledge of Python, Jenkins, Linux, Java, C#, Shell script, Network and messaging system, Docker or other programming languages is a plus;
- Good command on written and verbal English communication.
Terms of Employment
- A 1-year placement contract will be offered to the successful candidates.
- Job commencement will be in May/June 2021.
- Please submit application by 28-Feb-2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend assessments and interviews on a rolling basis.
- Note: If you are also interested in the other IT Trainee placements, please only submit the online application once. You might be considered for the other placement opportunities based on your background and portfolio whenever appropriate.