What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to the development of web-based features for our core product. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. Full Stack Engineers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Work closely with your team members comprised of designers, backend engineers and frontend engineers.
- Actively provide your input in web development to ensure we have an optimal user experience.
Technologies we use
- Mobx (specifically mobx state tree)
- Mongo DB
- Pulumi / Terraform
- Message Brokers (i.e. RabbitMQ)
- gRpc / rest / GraphQL
- Monolithic Repo
These are skills that we are looking for but are not hard fixed requirements.
- A degree in computer science or relevant working experience.
- 2 or more years proven experience as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role.
- Knowledge of backend frameworks (e.g. Node.js) and TypeScript
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Writing automated unit testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors
- SPA implementation experience
- Experience with various development tools i.e. build tools, task runners, etc.
- We value communication so this is a must for our teammates.
- Knowledge of micro service orientated architecture
- Take a product/sales orientated approach in problem solving.
- Proficient in spoken English and Cantonese
Nice to Have
Skills that we’d love you have.
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with continuous development
- Appreciation of UI and UX when developing frontend components and developing on the backend.
- Understanding of docker and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- You will get to work in the early stages of the product development cycle
- You will gain experience across the stack from development to deployment strategies.
- We are always open to exploring new modern technologies and encourage exploratory advances.
- Competitive salary
Salary: $40k – $60k