NTE2101002 Assistant Librarian I, Hong Kong Hospital Authority

Company/Organisation: Hong Kong Hospital Authority

Post Date: 6/1/2021

Job Title: Assistant Librarian I

Staff Group: Management and other professionals

Reference Number: NTE2101002

Job Type: Full Time

Description: Rank : Assistant Librarian I Office : Cluster Library in New Territories East Cluster Pay : HK$63,269 to HK$79,606 (HMPS point 3 – 8) per month including Monthly Allowance (see Remarks 2) Job : 1.Develop, monitor and review the strategic direction of Cluster Library services and functions in line with the organization development; 2.Lead, plan and oversee the management and development of the library services including resources planning, acquisition of library resources, implementation of quality assurance library policies, service plans and projects; 3.Promote knowledge services and provide information support on the use of e-Knowledge Gateway (eKG) 4.Manage and supervise a cluster library team to provide library services covering 3 hospital libraries within the cluster; 5.Liaise with vendors and clinical departments on areas related to procurement of print materials and electronic resources in multiple user interfaces; 6.Perform cataloguing and indexing of print materials and electronic resources, and maintain accurate holdings and access points; 7.Monitor and maintain the library website for the delivery of library services; 8.Perform any other related duties as assigned. Requirements : 1. A recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship, information science or related discipline. 2. At least three years’ relevant post-qualification experience in an automated library setting. 3. Experience in cataloguing and managing electronic resources and serials using an integrated library system, preferably Innovative’s Millennium, is an advantage. 4. Familiar with international standards, including indexing and classification systems for medical and health sciences literatures, metadata standards and communication standards (MARC21, AACR2, NLM, MeSH, etc.). 5. Strong planning, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills. 6. Responsible, self-motivated and able to work independently. 7. Good command of written and spoken English & Chinese. Preferred Attributes / Exposure : 1. Post-qualification experience at professional librarian level is preferable 2. Experience in medical/health sciences library/hospital library services development 3.Solid experience in overseeing library operations and experience in using NLM Medical Subject Headings for indexing medical literatures 4. Knowledge in health sciences discipline is preferable 5.Substantial experience in Microsoft Office Products/Integrated library system/HTML/XHTML and adept at learning and working with technology and software packages 6. Experience in navigating electronic resource (i.e. OVID Medline/Embase; GOBI Library Solutions; EBSCONet (serial management) etc.)

Link: https://ha.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=NTE2101002